Thursday, January 6, 2011

la cabeza

I haven't written anything in awhile.  Mainly because there wasn't anything new to report.  Also because I've had a debilitating headache since Monday afternoon.  Nothing has helped it.  I've gone to the chiropractor, tried sleeping with a different pillow, cracked a window for fresh air, slept a ton, taken small doses of Tylenol... nothing touched it.  I took my blood pressure yesterday and it was a bit high: 147/72 (120/80 is normal).  Since high blood pressure and severe headaches are a sign of pre-eclampsia (which I'm higher risk for with PCOS), I called my obstetrician yesterday.  She isn't too worried that it's pre-eclampsia yet since it typically becomes a problem after 20 weeks (I'm about 17), but she told me to call back if my head still hurt on Friday.

My brother-in-law Zach took my blood pressure again this morning as I was resting and it was basically the same as the day before.  Although my headache has decreased in intensity a little, it's still there.  So hopefully everything is okay and I won't have to go in for tests tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment