Saturday, January 1, 2011

not that kind of girl

I think that you could talk to any of my college roommates and friends, and every one of them would tell you that I was not the kind of girl to get married early.  Definitely not one of the first of our group.  I had no desire to settle down and get married anytime soon - the idea of living a "white picket fence" life terrified me.  I had so many places I wanted to travel and so many adventures I wanted to have before I got married and turned boring.

All of my friends would tell you that I had absolutely no desire to have children.  I didn't really like kids, and I was terrified of babies.  My junior year of college I had my 3-month-old nephew stay with me for a week, and that was the best birth control I can imagine.  Oh, I knew I would have kids some day.  I guess I just imagined myself adopting them when they were at least seven years old.

Right now I am 27 years old, 28 in two weeks.  I can hear my husband snoring from the bedroom because he worked hard building a master bathroom for me today.  My dog is snoring on the other side of the couch.  And I see my chubby tummy in front of the keyboard of the laptop, growing bigger with a baby inside.

And I can not imagine being any more content than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment