Tuesday, December 28, 2010

a new name

I mostly still think that the baby is a boy.  My mother and grandmother, however, refuse to accept this and continue to refer to it as she.  So I can't really help it if I'm starting to accidentally call it she and her when I talk about the baby.  And they're getting inside my head too, and sometimes I think of it as a baby girl.  The really weird thing is that whenever I think of it as a girl, my brain automatically refers to it as Annie.  I've never been particularly drawn to the name Annie, although it's cute.  A little scary if the kid has red hair.  But my brain just thinks of her as Annie.  Weird huh?  Anyway, I like the name Anastasia (for which Annie could be a nickname), and I added that to the list yesterday morning.

I asked Kevin last night what he thought of the name Anastasia and he said that the name popped into his head while showering and he was pondering it as well.  He kinda likes it too.

So we do not know if the baby is a girl, and we are not definitely settling on the name Anastasia, but I think it's safe to say it's on the list.  It's pretty weird that the name popped into our heads at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment