Monday, December 20, 2010

just thinking about you

I was just dreaming about you, Baby.  I can't wait to meet you.

I hope that you will be the sort of person who walks the line between serious and goofy.  And you'll know when one is more appropriate than the other.

I hope that you are always kind to others.  Especially when they don't deserve it.

I hope that you stick up for the kid on the bus that everyone else makes fun of.  And I hope that you are confident enough to ignore them if they start in on you too.

I hope that you have some cool natural abilities, like acting or singing or science or making people laugh.  And I hope that you will work hard at the things that don't come so easily.

I hope that your daddy and I will always make you feel beautiful if you're a girl, or handsome if you're a boy.

I hope that when you're four you'll let me lie in bed with you and you'll tell me all your secrets, and then you'll tell me you love me right before you fall asleep.  And you won't remember a thing in the morning.

I hope that you want to travel with me.  Even if it's just to the museum on the other side of town.

I hope that you're an adventurer and explorer.  But I also hope that you love to be home, wherever that may be.

I hope that home is with me.

If you're a little girl, I hope that you'll know it's okay to like trains and dinosaurs.  And if you're a little boy, it's okay to believe in fairies.

I hope that you will learn the words I'm sorry, and perhaps more importantly, I forgive you.  And I hope that you learn them from watching me and Daddy.

I hope that you have big blue eyes that crinkle up when you smile.  Or cry.  Or smell something weird. 

I hope I can show you that it's okay for girls to play football and boys to dance.  I'm pretty good at tackling, and Daddy's an awesome dancer.  Don't listen when kids tell you that's weird.

I hope that Ruby the dog will be one of your best friends.  I hope that she will protect you and play with you and love you forever, and you'll learn how to be kind to animals and take care of them, because God loves animals too.

I hope you aren't vain and constantly need to check yourself in the mirror.  But I hope that when you do look in the mirror, you are content with what you see.

I hope you are loving and affectionate and wear your heart on your sleeve.  I hope you are better at this than I am.

I hope that you will be a doctor or a plumber or an artist or a teacher or a salesman.  And I hope that you will work hard every day and be the very best doctor or plumber or artist or teacher or salesman that you can possibly be.

I hope that you will love me as much as I love you.  Because I'm your mommy, and you're one of my favorite people in the whole world.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, Kellie, you sure know how to bring tears to a grandma's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, Kell, you are an awesome writer. I love this blog. I remember when you were in school, and your teachers were very impressed with your writing ability. Now I see you still have it!
    I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete