Friday, December 24, 2010

15 weeks

Today Baby is 15 weeks!  Baby Rice may not be the most appropriate of names anymore since it's about the length of a navel orange, but Rice just seems to stick.  It's the day before Christmas, and it's hard to believe that this time next year we will have a 6-month old little boy or girl to dress up and show off!

Crown to rump, Baby is about 4 inches long (and that's not even including little legs!).  He/She is growing at a fantastic rate and looks more like a human every day. :)  The hair on the eyebrows and head continues to grow - let's hope this little one actually has hair instead of being bald like me for the first year or so.  That soft, downy hair is covering the baby's skin now but it should be gone by birth.

It's a good thing that Christmas is tomorrow and my birthday in a couple weeks, because I can probably get about one more week out of my jeans.  I can still button them, but it's uncomfortable.  I have a "BeBand" from Target that lets me wear them unbuttoned and covers my midsection, covering the zipper area and holding my pants up, so I use that sometimes.  But it will be nice to get some new pants.  I don't think I'll need to go up a size because they still fit everywhere else, just not the bump.

I have high hopes that Kevin may be getting more excited about Baby.  He likes to feel my tummy now, and he's even added a couple names to the list.  Granted, it's unlikely that those names will be used (Remnant & Tanin), but at least he's making an effort!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment