Saturday, December 18, 2010

14 weeks

Dear Baby, yesterday you turned 14 weeks old!  I'm sorry that I didn't get around to writing on here.  I was busy taking care of Blake and Cody, then taking a nap, then helping Pops throw a Christmas party for a bunch of kindergartners, then shopping for some new shirts that will fit me now as well as when you turn me into a fatty.  So, you see, kinda busy.

But it turns out that you're doing some pretty cool things down there in my tummy.  You can now squint, frown, grimace, and suck your thumb.  You can also pee.  The thought of you peeing in me freaks me out a little, but I love you anyway. You're the size of a lemon, about 3 1/2 inches long.  Although I can't feel your punches and kicks (your hands and feet are about 1/2 inch long), you're turning into quite the little pugilist!  Let's tone that down by the time you're 6 or 7 months, shall we?  I thought I've felt you move a couple times, but I think I'll chalk it up to gas or digestion at this point.  I'll be more sure in a few weeks.


You're letting me feel a ton better, which I appreciate.  No more nausea, yay!  And the sciatica is being helped a lot by the chiropractor, although there's still some general back pain.  But so far, I am enjoying the second trimester way more than the first.  I think I'm going to start doing some slow workouts and exercising when I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment