Sunday, June 10, 2012

life currently

I haven't posted in nearly a month.  Life has been busy!  First our laptop died.  We're borrowing a desktop from my parents, but it's significantly slower, so it's hard to motivate myself to write posts or edit photos. 

Kevin finished teaching on May 25th.  We jumped right from working at school to working at our house.  I revamped a bookcase built out of drawers, painting and papering and decorating it before putting it in our living room.  We painted the outside of our sunroom, which was in desperate need of a face lift.  It's a crisp white now.  And we scrubbed our house top to bottom.  All this the first week of summer!

Kevin's brother Brian and his wife Kristin and kids Theo and Ella arrived on May 31st.  It was so great to have them here in Colorado, and we would really like them to move here with us. :)  We had fun playing in the back yard, visiting the bug museum, and relaxing.  They left on Monday, June 4th.

I split my time with the visiting Dahls and with my friend Steph, who was here for our friend Anna's wedding.  Steph and her two girls stayed with my parents.  It was so great to see them.  We were able to ditch our kids a couple times and had a blast.  It was just like college; we automatically became far sillier and more immature than we usually allowed to be as mamas.  That girl is good for my soul.

We celebrated Evelyn's first birthday on Monday, June 4th, six days early, so that Steph and her girls could come.  I lost my mom-of-the-year award by not having the camera battery charged, but my mom got a few shots in, so I'll post them later.  Evelyn did great.  She ate her cupcake very cleanly and was quite ladylike.  She received some great gifts like books, clothes for her to grow into, hair accessories, a training toilet, shoes, and toys.  Her favorites have proved to be the gift bags that everything arrived in.  What can I say, she's a low-maintenance girl.

On Wednesday evening we had a freak hail storm.  We were pelted for about an hour with hail larger than golf balls.  The vegetable garden was shredded, and we're still waiting to see if anything survived.  Most of the leaves and apples were knocked off of our two apple trees, so that crop is pretty much shot this year.  The flowers are gone, and all the trees lining our street are tattered.  It is very sad and upsetting, but I'm thankful that we were all at home and safe.

Evelyn's 3rd tooth broke through this week, the first on the top.  The next isn't far behind and will come through any day now.  That means we've had a cranky girl who is in pain, and has been running a fever most of the week.  We have to keep reminding ourselves that Evelyn is in pain; it's easy to forget and get become impatient at her constant grumpiness.  She's doing great though.

And last but not least, Kevin and I have started working out daily.  We are doing the P90X workout, which has left us quite sore.  Our muscles hurt, but it feels good to make such a drastic change in our lives and health.

So that's what we've been up to this last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment