Sunday, May 8, 2011

mother's day

Today is my first Mother's Day as a mama.  I don't know if I'm supposed to count it if Evelyn is still a month or so away, but I've felt like a mother for some months now, so we're celebrating. 

Yesterday I told Kevin "Thanks for making me a mama," and he said that was the first time I had said something like that.  I guess I complain too much and say it in the form of comments like "Yes, my ankles are huge, and it's your fault for knocking me up, so thanks for that!"  Not really so nice.  But I really am so very grateful to be a mother, and I need to do better at thanking my husband for that.

Kevin made me a card (from Evelyn, of course) and gave me a Willow Tree figurine.  It's entitled "Cherish" and shows a pregnant woman.  I love it, it's absolutely perfect.  I'm hoping that we're starting a new tradition, and that I can buy a different one for Kevin for Father's Day, which falls 2 days after Evie's due date.

We don't have any plans for the day besides just spending time together.  I also plan on spending time with an ice pack in bed this afternoon, trying to get a good nap in.  Exciting, I know, but that's life these days for me and my little girl.

I know that my mom, grandma, mother-in-law, and sisters-in-law read this blog, so I want to wish all of them a Happy Mother's Day as well.  I'm excited to be joining your ranks next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment