Friday, April 8, 2011

30 weeks

Today marks 30 weeks.  Woohoo!  Thirty down, ten to go.  I feel like we're in the final stretch now, 3/4 done.

Evelyn is about 3 pounds now, and around 17 inches long.  She is nearly fully developed and is mainly just putting on weight, filling out her skin.  Me too. :)  She continues to be quite the wiggleworm, and I love to watch different parts of my stomach move up and down with her movements.

Evelyn's 7-year-old cousin Blake is the only person besides Kevin to have felt her move.  On Monday he put his hands on my stomach and waited to feel her kick him.  When she didn't move, he immediately began singing to her.  Just a random little song from his head, no particular tune, and with no prompting from me.  And she started dancing for him!  With his eyes wider and a goofy grin on his face, Blake just kept singing to her and she kept squirming around.  It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen/felt.  Blake is very musical, and it seems as if Evie is as well, so it would be fun to have that in common.

I had my monthly checkup at the obstetrician yesterday morning, plus a check on how we were doing since the accident.  Everything seems to be quite normal.  I've only gained two pounds since the last appointment, and most of that is Evelyn putting on weight, so I'm estimating that I didn't gain anything. :)  Probably not medically sound, but I'm sticking to it.  My bloodwork from a few weeks ago came back normal, and I don't have gestational diabetes.  I'll now be having checkups every two weeks, and I have another ultrasound scheduled for April 19th just to make sure everything still looks good.

Got one coat of paint on the changing table, and now moving on to the rocking chair!  Let nesting begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment