Thursday, March 17, 2011

so clumsy

I had a bit of a scare yesterday.  A rug in the sunroom slipped out from under me and I fell.  Fortunately I didn't land on my stomach or butt, but my right left took the brunt of it.  My knee is pretty swollen and sore, and everything from the knee down hurts.  I tried to catch myself on a door that was propped on sawhorses being painted, but just ended up knocking everything down, wrenching my wrist as the door fell.  I couldn't get up, so it's a good thing that my brother was home to help me.

I rested for a while after since I wasn't too worried about the baby - I could still feel her moving around in there.  I called the doctor a couple hours later though, just to check in and get instructions.  I was told to watch for any bleeding or spotting, and see if there was any decrease in the baby's movements over time.  If any of those things started happening, I was instructed to go straight to Labor & Delivery at the hospital, and my doctor was on call there.  I was having contractions but they weren't painful or regular, just the Braxton-Hicks kind.  So I just had to stay off my feet for the rest of the day.

Things are okay today.  Baby still seems normal.  The right side of my body feels like I got hit by a sedan though.  Pretty crazy how one simple fall can be so jarring.  But hey, if my body decides to concentrate on protecting the baby instead of healing my stupid knee, I'm fine with that.

Blake and Cody were trying to guess Baby Girl's name this morning.  Blake guessed Eliza, which is actually rather adorable.  Cody guessed Nut.  Yeah.  Nut.  Nut Dahl.

And today is March 17th - officially 3 months from my due date!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment