Wednesday, March 16, 2011

argh

I am frustrated. 

Today I deposited some of the money I received from selling Avon.  And I was going to use some of it to buy some wood putty at Home depot so that I could finish fixing the crib today.

And I logged onto my bank account online and saw that I have a big fat (negative) sign in front of our balance.  I called the phone number that was on the last random transaction for $14.99, since I had no idea what that was for.  And I had a slightly unpleasant conversation with a slightly unpleasant Indian fellow.  Apparently we are signed up for rhapsody and watching tv shows online, and so they automatically bill us $15 each month.  WRONG.  We do not even have rhapsody on this computer, and we only watch tv shows on the networks' websites, like abc.com, so it's free.

The unpleasant gentleman asked for our email addresses to see our account activity, and both Kevin's and mine were on file but show no activity.  When I asked how we show no activity yet still get billed for something, I couldn't get a straight answer.  He said that he needed my card number to look up more information, to which I replied Hell no, you obviously already have my card number and are charging me, I'm not giving that out over the phone.  That apparently didn't go so well with him and he got even snarkier.  So he said that there was nothing he could do unless I called Wells Fargo and got the merchant account order number from them, and then called him back.  At which point I called him an idiot and hung up on him.  Yes, I did.  Because I am a hormonal pregnant lady who would have punched him in the face if he had been standing in front of me.  I want to find out his mailing address and send him a box of poo.

When I called Wells Fargo, they were more than helpful.  They didn't know what this guy was talking about, so they're disputing the charges for me and I just have to sit back and wait.  Which is lovely, except that I'm sitting back and waiting with a negative account balance as well as a negative gas tank in my car. 

All that to say, the crib will not be finished this week.  Drat.


In happier news, Kevin and I have narrowed our little girl's name choices down to two.  Woohoo!  And we aren't telling anyone, it's a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment