Thursday, March 10, 2011

the ol' switcheroo

Well, today was not nearly as productive as I had hoped it to be.  Blame it on the fact that I got about 3 hours of sleep last night and therefor had to take a two hour nap this afternoon.  Hehehe.

What I lacked in productiveness (is that a word?) today I made up for yesterday though.  I enacted a 3-way bedroom overhaul.  Kevin and I officially moved into the "master" bedroom.  "Master" in quotes because I'm pretty sure it's the smallest of the three.  But hey, it has a lovely, beautifully renovated bathroom attached now, so it's a win in my book.  Anyway, all of our furniture and clothes are now set up in there, although not in the permanent arrangement.  We're using a white wicker dresser that is adorable and will look perfect in Baby Girl's room, once we find another for ourselves.

Since the "Master" was formerly the junk/craft/storage room, all of that stuff had to get hauled to the new guest room.  It is currently stored in the closet there, but once my brother moves out we'll be able to set things up in a more pleasant and permanent arrangement.

And our former guest room where Dusty had been staying is on its way to becoming the nursery!  Once all of Dusty's stuff was moved into the other room, I let the nursery air out (he's kind of a smelly guy) and moved all the scattered baby items into Baby's room.  There's a nice rug on the floor, a hand-me-down from my parents (we're never too good for used!).  There are random knickknacks that are sitting on the floor waiting for furniture (I painted an adorable lamp in lavender, and have some small baskets that are currently housing newborn samples of diapers).  And there is a new crib that is halfway put together!  I started assembling it this afternoon but realized that I would only be able to go halfway for the moment.  I don't want to put the front or the mattress parts on yet because I still need to patch that hole, and it would be quite silly to put it together and then take it apart to do that.  But it's halfway there!  And after putting it together, I realized that it should be easier than I first thought to fix that small hole.  And even if it doesn't look perfect, it will still be covered by the mattress or crib bumper.  WIN!  So that little repair will probably be on the agenda for tomorrow (or whenever I can go get some wood putty from Home Depot).  I can't wait to see it all together with the adorable lavender bedding I picked out from Target!

And I already know that Baby's room is going to be Ruby's favorite new hangout.  The rug instead of the hardwood floor, the afternoon sun streaming in the large window... she'll be in doggie heaven.  Although I don't think that I'll really let her in (besides to sniff around) until after the baby is born.  I want Ruby to know that this is Baby's domain, not hers.  And even then, I will not let Ruby in the room with Baby alone.  Ruby is so sweet and loving, but you can't be too careful.

Anyway, I'll try and post some photos in the next couple days of the new bathroom and the in-process nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment