Friday, February 11, 2011

22 weeks

Baby is 22 weeks today! Woohoo!  Nearly a pound and a foot long, it actually looks like a miniature human at this point.  I feel it move all the time, and Kevin has even begun to feel it when he puts his hand on my belly.  He can only feel it when I'm lying on my back and the baby is kicking really hard.  The first time (Wednesday night), Kevin grinned and said "Wow, she's using my hand as a punching bag!"  No dear, it's using my stomach as a punching bag.  And my bladder as a trampoline.

Which reminds me, everyone calls Baby a she, including Kevin now.  I'm the only one who still insists on calling it an it.  They're going to have to work hard to adjust their thinking if we find out it's a boy next week.

My brother randomly decided to move back in with us this morning.  I think that he and my sister's family were all a little sick of each other at this point.  But Dusty will only be with us until April at the longest, so it's not a big deal.  He's close to work now, and most of his friends live downtown, so that will be nice.  Plus it will be nice to have some company during the days.  He's going to try and detox and stop smoking, so this should be interesting - I told him that I reserve the right to call him out and hit him if he gets too mean.  But it's meanness for a reason, and it will be better in the long run, so I don't mind.  I just finished cleaning out the guest room (which will eventually turn into the baby room), and I'm washing sheets and towels now.  I think I did too much moving and bending and lifting, and my tummy started to feel tight and sore, so now I'm taking a break and sitting on the couch between two dumb dogs. 

This is going to be our last Valentine's Day before our family increases, so I want to make it special, but my plans are slowly unraveling.  First, I wanted to go to the Valentine's dance with Kevin on Saturday night.  But now we are attending a funeral that afternoon, and I broke my toe, so I don't know how emotionally or physically we will feel by the time 8:00 rolls around.  And I wanted to stay in and decorate and surprise Kevin with an awesome meal on Monday (I hate going out on Valentine's Day when all the restaurants are so crowded), but with my brother being here...  So I don't know what's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment