Wednesday, November 3, 2010

probably not Tallulah...

Rice was a bit nicer to me yesterday.  I was able to go grocery shopping in the morning - it was nice to actually get out of the house and accomplish something.  I started to go back downhill around 1 or 2:00, but that's much nicer than Monday's 24 hours of blehhhhhhhh.  I'll take it!  Anyway, the store was good because I was able to get a lot of frozen ready-made items.  Which are outstanding because then Kevin can simply put them in the oven himself and I won't have to spend time in the kitchen with all the smells.  Kitchen smells = blehhhhhhh.  Today I'm somewhere in between Monday and Tuesday, as far as morning sickness goes.

My friend Lissa stopped by this morning to take a look at the flower pins I make.  Her sweet little family is having a fall photo shoot this weekend, and she wants to put a bundle of 3 or 4 flowers on the empire waistline of her dress.  I told her about Rice and she was thrilled for me.  She suggested the name Tallulah, which is a name that probably only she and I like.  Everyone else would hate it.  But that's why we're friends.

If Rice is a girl, then the nursery will be pink & gray.  I have loved that color combination for a while now, and I think it's a bit of a modern take on the standard pink & brown that I'm seeing everywhere.  And if Rice is a he, then turquoise & red.  My mom said that I could do something more neutral and then I wouldn't have to redecorate for baby #2.  Which is silly, because I LOVE to redecorate. 

I've arranged a meeting with a girl I know from high school.  Julie is a midwife and mentor for natural childbirth.  Natural as in no drugs.  Natural as in ouch.  But that's the way that I would like to do things.  Not at home in a bathtub, mind you, because ugh.  I would like to be in a hospital to give birth, surrounded by nurses and a capable doctor just in case something goes wrong.  Especially since I have a high risk of preeclampsia.  But I would like to do it without drugs.  We'll see what Julie has to say when we meet next week.

Baby Rice, you're nearly 8 weeks old!  That's exciting!  Right now I'm counting down to two different events: December 10th, which is the first day of the 2nd trimester, and January 28th (20 weeks along and I should be able to see if you're a girl or a boy).  Although I may be able to see if you're a he or a she earlier than that, I think 20 weeks is about average.  I am so excited to learn more about you, Ricey!

No comments:

Post a Comment