Tuesday, November 16, 2010

joy

After yesterday's post title, it's kinda funny that I felt wretched the entire day.  Oh well.

As I lay in bed this morning, trying not to throw up, I told Kevin that I finally understand the phrase "joy in the midst of suffering."  Well, I've understood it before, but just not personally experienced it until pregnancy.  I am so sick at the moment and feel absolutely terrible, yet I am thrilled and overjoyed that I feel so bad because it means that I'm preggers and my pregnancy hormones are strong, which will help the baby.  It doesn't change the fact that I still feel horrible, but it changes my outlook; I have joy.  God is causing me to suffer for a pretty awesome reason.  I suppose the real test would be to feel this way and not know why, to not know the reason I'm suffering, and to still feel joy.  I doubt I could do that.  Baby steps. :)

I had a pretty busy weekend and Monday and Baby Rice and I need some recovery time.  We plan on doing nothing more strenuous than wrapping Christmas presents, going to the post office, watching movies, and sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment