Friday, November 26, 2010

11 weeks

Today Baby is 11 weeks old and the size of a large lime.  Only one more week of the first trimester, wow!

Yesterday we told our families about Baby Rice (except for our parents, who have known for about a month).  I announced it to my clan at Thanksgiving lunch, telling them that we were waiting for one more family member who was running late.  So late, in fact, that this person wasn't due to arrive until June.  Then people started shrieking.  My sister gave me a hug and I nearly started crying.  Blame it on the hormones.  It was awesome. :)

Later that afternoon we called the Dahl clan in Minnesota.  Kevin told everyone over speakerphone and he had a grin on his face through the entire conversation.  I couldn't hear what was on the other end because we didn't have speaker, but I could definitely hear the squeals when they told all of the nieces and nephews.

It's such a relief that everyone knows now.  No more secrets!  No more pretending that I feel fine when in fact all I want to do is lie on the couch and not move for 7 hours straight.  And now I can talk about it openly, and wear clothes that may indeed show a bit of a bump.

So, for those of you family members who are reading this blog for the first time, welcome!  I hope our little Thanksgiving surprise brightened your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment