Thursday, October 11, 2012

out from behind the camera

One thing I've been bad at is getting in front of the camera.  It's deliberate too.  I'm carrying around more weight than I like, and I don't like how I look when I see photos of myself.  But you know what?  I've already lost a year.  A year of taking pictures of my beautiful daughter, but I'm in very few of them.  When Evelyn gets older, she needs to see pictures of me as I am.  She needs to see her mom as she remembers her.  Chubby, uncooperative hair, one-too-many chins.  Soft, comfortable, soothing.  It's good for little girls to see women that are true women, not airbrushed, anorexic waifs.

So Evelyn, this is you and me.  Your soft, comfortable, soothing mama who you like to snuggle with at the end of the day.  Your mama who loves you more than anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment