Thursday, August 11, 2011

two month stats

length:  23 1/2 inches (90th percentile)
weight:  11 lbs 11 oz (75th percentile)

Yesterday was Evelyn's two-month birthday, and we celebrated by going to the doctor to get her shots!  Worst celebration ever.  That was pretty hard for this mommy to do.  I had to hold Evelyn's arms while the doctor gave her three shots in her chunky little thighs.  Evelyn gave a huge start, then turned beet red and started wailing at the top of her lungs.  It was even worse because my baby hardly ever cries, so to see her screaming and in pain was the worst feeling ever.  I felt like I had betrayed her - as her mommy I'm supposed to keep her from hurting, yet I made the decision for her to get hurt like this.  I still believe that it was the right thing to do, but that didn't make it easier for me.  I even cried as I gathered her up and tried to comfort her.

While we were waiting (40 minutes!) for doctors, I made up a song to entertain Evelyn.  She doesn't care what the words are, she just likes to hear me sing.

There once was a baby named Evelyn Mae
Who had crazy hairs each and every day
She liked to sing and she liked to play
So we'll throw a parade for Evelyn Mae!

We follow it up with a few Hip Hip Hoorays.  That's not really part of the song though, that's part of the parade. :)

So after her immunizations yesterday afternoon, Evelyn had a bit of a rough evening.  She wasn't running a fever, but I could tell that she just didn't feel good.  Poor baby. So I gave her some baby tylenol and got her to sleep around 8:00.  She slept until 4 AM, woke up to eat for half an hour, and went back to sleep until 8:00.  She seems to be doing well today.  No fever or swelling or bruising on her legs.  She just seems a little bit off.  She's still a fantastic baby, but she isn't quite herself and is a little needier than usual.  She's been a champ though.

No comments:

Post a Comment