Wednesday, July 13, 2011

one month checkup

Today we went to the pediatrician for Evelyn's one-month checkup.  She is healthy and growing.  A "good eater," according to Dr. Mulder.  Evelyn weighs 9 pounds, 15.4 ounces - essentially 10 pounds - which puts her in the 70th percentile for weight.  She is 22 1/2 inches long, 90th percentile.

Here's the funny part.  Her head circumference is only in the 20th percentile for babies her age.  She has a little pea-head!  I asked the doctor what that meant and if anything was wrong, and Dr. Mulder just said that it usually just means that one of the parents has a small head.  She then looked at Kevin and me and said "But..." because neither of us has a small head.  Kevin's qualifies as huge, in my opinion.  The only person I can think of with a small head is my dad.  So it looks like Evelyn inherited her grandfather's round little pea-head.  At least she didn't inherit his hairline.

No comments:

Post a Comment