I thought that it might be good to actually write down a set of goals that I'd like to accomplish by the time I'm thirty. I remember when thirty was like a dirty word, and it seemed so distant. Well, now I have less than 2 years - yikes!
1) Have a baby.
2) Join a gym and go at least 3 times a week (I'd like to say more, but I'm trying to be realistic about my life with a Little around), and do yoga or pilates in my house the other days.
3) I can't say how much weight I'd like to lose since I don't know how much I'll gain with Baby Girl. Suffice it to say that I'd like to get down to the weight I was when Kevin and I met - right now that's about 50 pounds.
4) Dance at a wedding.
5) Have a vegetable garden.
6) Stop biting my nails.
7) Have every room in the house be living space instead of junk/storage space - we're closing in on that one!
8) Have a backyard with grass instead of weeds and dust.
9) Both cars fixed.
10) Student loans cut down to half of what they are right now, so about $4,000 left.
11) Learn to shop with coupons.
12) Learn to sew, and so cut down the clothing costs for myself and Baby.
13) Sing in a community choir - this one scares me!
14) Road trip to Minnesota and take our time, stopping at all the dorky attractions and even going a bit out of our way to see them - a nice relaxed trip instead of hustling to do it in a day.
15) Invest money.
16) Take a cake-decorating class.
17) Take an interior design class.
18) Become a better photographer.
19) Have a friend who I meet with weekly for coffee.
20) Get my passport renewed with my new name - it still has my maiden name.
21) Start getting real haircuts instead of just doing it myself with sewing scissors.
22) Be better about volunteering in Kevin's classroom.
23) Start relearning Spanish, and speak in Spanish and English to our baby.
24) Bring in at least $500/month, whether it is through nannying the nephews, Avon, Etsy, or a combination of whatever.
25) Take a weekly dance class without Kevin.
26) Reinstate a monthly date night on the 21st, and save up enough money to actually do it.
27) Keep all the closets clean and organized - bedrooms closets, hallway, coat, and pantry.
28) Have only one "junk drawer" in my house.
29) Take one photo of Baby every day and post it here. Then I can have a "best of the best" to print out for her one-year album.
30) Take Ruby to obedience school.
So there you have it! I need to print this list out and keep it somewhere I can see it. It's nice to think of things that I want to do for myself, without being related to the baby or Kevin. Just for me!